I did my first ever 3-D sewing this winter. I sewed some teddy bears!! I wanted something loveable to gift along with the quilts for my cousin's twins, and thought a new sewing project would be a good idea.
I used The Wool and Liberty Bear pattern from the Purl Bee. They have the most beautiful projects for sewing, knitting, and crocheting. Their bear was made from a lovely wool, but I wanted something soft, but a little vintage looking. I found some of the super-soft microsuede that I've used for so many projects, and decided to use accent pieces from leftover quilt squares.
I lovingly named them Sam and Baxter
They actually turned out better than I had planned, and were easier to make than I imagined.
Each one pairs so nicely with their coordinating quilt.
I'll let the twin's parents decide who gets which one, or if they'll change the names. They're hard to let go of after they've been starring at me so long now. I know they'll love their new home.
At least I know they're going the same home. Twin bears, for twin girls. I hope they love them as much as I loved making them.