Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cloth Napkins

With our Tea Party coming up, I am working to get everything ready to have a picture-perfect table...and that includes some cloth napkins! I've already put together some Vintage-y goodness napkin rings too. You can find that tutorial HERE.


My fine china was given to me by my Grandma many years ago. It's soft white with pink flowers and green vines. Elegant and very girly. Since I'm kicking up decorating a notch this year, I wanted to have napkins as pretty as the china.


The napkins are large, dinner sized at 18" square. One side is a lime green and white dot, and the reverse is a sweet pink paisley.


They compliment the china nicely without being too matchy.


They were very easy to make, but a little time consuming. No pictures, but here's how you put them together:

You'll need 2 yards of each fabric color (makes 8 napkins)

Cut 8, 18" squares of each color.

 Place two squares right sides together and sew around the edges, leaving a small hole for turning.

Clip the corners and extra seam allowance, then turn right side out. Push out the corners and iron flat.

Topstitch around the edges to seal the hole and finish the napkins.

See....Easy Peasy.

Now I have to find a pretty way to fold the napkins and place them in their napkin rings for display on the table. I'm off to Pinterest!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just love those napkins! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think other site proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and magnificent user friendly style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!
    Columbia Boy's Half Moon Shorts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...