Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Birthday Gift....

I am very excited about my new toy/birthday gift!!


I am the super-happy new owner of a Canon Rebel T3i!!  I have been wanting to break into the world of DSLR for while now and I finally made the jump.


I have read the manual front to back and have been reading like crazy to try to better understand what I'm doing to try to take a good picture.


I played with my new toy doing some manual focusing in the car driving down the road.

Focusing on Jesus.....


Not focusing on Jesus....

This led to a very in-depth discussion on how we should ALWAYS focus on Jesus. Feel free to use those pictures in your Sunday School lessons next week.


I also learned a valuable lesson on checking your settings. When practicing in Manual mode...I have to remember to change my settings when moving outside from indoors. Otherwise my pictures turn out like this...


As crazy as it looks...I actually like this one. I love her red shoes in the leaves, even if the color is completely blown out.


But to have a picture of my sweet baby girl, in focus, while she's still smiling....

Makes the camera worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...