Friday, September 14, 2012

{Tutorial} Mesh Wreath

After Hubby informed me that he didn't like my moss wreath, I decided to make one that he would definitely love. He loves anything orange and purple, and with football season in full swing, it was time for a Tiger-themed door decoration. I've seen them with footballs and little helmets in them too, but I didn't want to take it that far.

Here's the new wreath!!


And here's how to put together your own.

Materials:

Wire wreath form (mine is 15")
Decor Mesh, medium width
floral wire
wired ribbon (I changed ribbon after taking my materials picture)

020

Start by cutting 2" to 3" long pieces of your floral ribbon. You'll need lots of these, maybe 30-40. Wire cutters make this easy, but you can use an old pair of scissors too.

021

Scrunch up the very end of your mesh. Poke a piece of wire through a few layers, and twist the wire to the back of the wreath form.

022

Every few inches, bunch up the mesh width-wise and thread a piece of wire through it, attaching it to the wreath.

023

Once you've gone all the way around your wreath....start over! Wrap it over and over, bunching, and filling in blank spots with more mesh. I went around my wreath a total of 3 times to get the fullness I wanted.

024

For the purple accents, just pinch the centers of pieces of ribbon, or make tiny bows like in THIS tutorial. Attach them to the wreath using the floral wire, spacing them as you wish.

079

And DONE!!! A fun and festive wreath for football, or any season. Just change up the colors for your favorite team, or your current holiday.

081

Hubby likes this one.....YES!

078 edit


Try it with burlap and mesh too!!


*Happy Crafting*

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Wreath! I love the orange & purple together. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much agree with you. Nice to know you. If you like to visit my blog

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I love that mesh ribbon - so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath. It's adorable! Polka dots and ruffles always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic project! The wreath is gorgeous.
    Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the colors and polka dots! Very creative! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_17_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My neighbor just hung up the most beautiful mesh wreath for fall today, so I was thrilled when I found your post from Ginger Snap's linky party. I'm pinning this so I can make one too!

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your help and advice for making the mesh wreath .Your tutorial was great. It was a big help to me making my first wreath. Now everyone wants me to make them one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try it with burlap and mesh too!!

    Kim Vang Uniform:
    Homepage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...