Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Microwave Cleaning {Tutorial}

To go along with my spring cleaning and reorganizing extravaganza, I needed to do a little more cleaning in my kitchen. I realized that my microwave and other appliances needed some serious love, but the idea of cleaning stuck and burnt-on food off of the inside did not sound appealing. My normal cleaners were too harsh smelling, but I didn't want to scrub for hours. So I decided to use some steam.

The results made me very very happy!


No matter how well you cover your food in the microwave, explosions will happen. In a perfect world, we would wipe them out immediately. But when we're using the microwave, it's not usually because we have extra time on our hands...so it gets, and stays, dirty.



ewwww....

 

Oh my....

 

So to make it sparkle, I made a little solution:

1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Vinegar

Microwave for 7-10 minutes (depending on how gross your microwave is)

 

The steam will lift the grime right off. Just wipe it clean!

 

 
I used the leftover vinegar water to wipe down the rest of my kitchen too to make it sparkling clean.
Just make sure you let the water cool a little bit first!

Happy Cleaning

2 comments:

  1. Excellent advice for a sparkling microwave with minimal effort--hard to beat a combination like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this did was make my house smell like vinegar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...