Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm still here

 

It's been a little quiet around here lately, but it's not because things have been quiet at my house! The computer doesn't get touched too much anymore. Between shuffling Goldilocks to Cheer Camp, Bible School, attempting to clean, and now chasing my CRAWLER....I've been a little busy.
 
There are a few good things going on around here though. I have LOTS of posts to write and share, from party planning, to cooking, sewing, and more. But haven't had time to write them out. It will come in time. In the meantime...here's a little preview compliments of Instagram of some of the things keeping me busy these days.
 
In honor of Goldilock's 3rd birthday coming up (Whaaaaaaaa!!!!!) we've made her bedroom into a big girl's room. There was lots of crafting and sewing involved. Don't worry...I took a lot of pictures and will share soon!

With the leftover fabric from her pillows for her room, I'm currently working on a quilt for her bed. I made her a pink quilt at Christmas that she loves, but I couldn't resist making another one to match her new bedding. I love the look of the triangles. The actual piecing and quilting...not so much. It will be worth it when it's done though.
 


 
 A trip to the Farmer's Market left me with bags of beautiful bi-color corn! My favorite! We love corn at our house, especially when we can throw it on the grill, so there is a freezer full of it ready for summer grilling. If you want to occupy a toddler for a few hours on a summer day...ask her to pull the random silks off of ears of corn. She loved it, and I didn't go blind trying to get my corn clean.
 


Bible School has started, and we are having a great time at the Everywhere Fun Fair. Goldilocks is still the youngest kid there (she was last year too), but you could never convince her of it. She doesn't miss a beat when it comes to the crafts, songs, dancing, and games.
 


A little bit of cleaning has happened around our house, although sometimes it's disguised as playing. While cleaning out the "Big Girl Room" Hubby decided to hide my tiniest human from me. I think he enjoyed playing Hide-and-Seek from Mommy.
 

Thanks for being patient as this summer flies by! With two tiny humans in the house, it can be hard to keep up with sharing, even when there's LOTS of things going on.

2 comments:

  1. Your children are beautiful! Enjoy them! The big girl room accessories are precious....goldilocks will enjoy them for many years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So good to see what you've been up to (well, a bit of it anyway!). I completely know what you mean about everything going on at home, and the blog front staying quiet. I've thrown 3 great parties since having little Mr. #3, cooked all sorts of fabulous dishes, and created lots of stuff - but actually documenting it??? Pah! No such luck.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what great stuff you' ve been up to! :)
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...