Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bedroom Redo

It has been a loooong time since Hubby and I had a new "style". I painted our bedroom after we got married, in our wedding colors, and now we're tired of it. Don't get me wrong, sage green and brown are beautiful colors, and beautiful together, but after 5 1/2 years it started looking a little country.

I don't have "before" pictures of the room, because I was too excited to get started painting to think about it.

The new room is soothing, spa-like, and most importantly... more modern.


Ahhhhhh. Perfect.


We kept things simple with a few personal touches to make it "ours".

I took the back out of an old picture frame, and added a vinyl monogram to the glass. It really makes a statement in the room without being overpowering.


I hate lots of pillows on the bed. It's just more to pick up every morning and remove every night. I did make this little gem though. Of course...another monogram. Lucky for me, Hubby likes personalized things!


Just three pillows stand between me and my comfy sheets!


I wanted white curtains this time. Hubby thought I was nuts because we have a black cat, but so far they have stayed white with no extra effort from the vacuum.
Even better....they're made from inexpensive bed sheets!


We put out a few of our favorite frames with pictures and sentimental gifts.
Remember the Walk With Me Daddy tutorial?


When I walk into this room now it's peaceful. No more green, brown, dark curtains, blah blah blah.

Just a happy place.


In case you're interested, the bedding is Peyton by Pottery Barn Teen and the wall color (LOVE the gray!) is "Mountaintop"  by Olympic.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love the design on the bedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the bedding you chose! So cute and modern! This looks like a great place to relax after a long day. Enjoy your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is beautiful! Truly! Would love for you to share this post with Life Created Tuesdays link party - this week's party is now live :)

    Erin
    theviewfromfiveten.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! It looks wonderful! I love the bedding. Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...