Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Rainbow Quilt: Finished


The Rainbow Quilt is finished! I love all of the brilliant colors.
 
 
11 Rainbow blocks in all of their scrappy goodness.
 
 
For the backing I chose a simple turquoise and white dot. The colors are pretty gender neutral, so I thought the backing should be too.

 
It's quilted with an all over grid, outlining the main seams of the quilt top. The quilting adds a nice weight to the quilt.

 
The binding is my favorite part by far. A very simple black and white stripe, but it makes a bold statement as the frame for the finished quilt. It is machine bound for extra durability.


 
This quilt would be beautiful on a couch or chair for display, or even more beautiful in a child's room.


 
It measures 35" x 45" so it's the perfect size for a crib blanket, playmat, or a toddler quilt.

 
As beautiful as it is, I've decided to sell it so someone else can enjoy it's beauty.
 
You can find it in my Etsy Shop.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...