Sunday, March 16, 2014

Half Marathon....check!

I did it!! My goal for 2014 is complete. I finished my first Half Marathon earlier this month.

                                     
 
The training paid off and I finished with a smile on my face. Hubby even jumped in and ran the last "0.1" with me. Never mind I had already run 13 miles....but it was nice to have him with me.
 
I run slower than some people walk, so I finished in 2 hours and 30 minutes, but I was proud of my time and happy to finish strong.
 
While my knees were hating me the next day, I was already looking forward to the next one. I've got my eye on a couple of 5Ks for the rest of the year, but I'm definitely keeping the 13.1 mile distance on my mind. It's a fun accomplishment, great exercise, and lots of fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! that was one of my goals this year too... but i recently hurt my knee and not sure how that will go... maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...